Executive Round Table Telepresence Event: Payment Innovation! What are emerging countries doing differently?
Kenya’s M-PESA has enjoyed unprecedented adoption while other mobile remittance payments schemes are thriving in emerging markets like the Philippines. What can developed markets learn from these emerging market payment innovators?
Join us on August 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 am EST for the first ever cross-pollination and idea exchange between developed and developing market payment innovators via Cisco’s Telepresence technology to discuss Mobile Payments – Innovation via Collaboration.
Participation is online as well as major cities such as New York, Washington, Houston, Sao Paulo, Brazil, San Jose, CA; Vancouver, Toronto, Bangalore, India; Mexico City, Germany, Kenya, Nigeria, and other locations around the world.
- August 10th from 10:00 am to 12:00 am EST
- What are the emerging technology trends (i.e. NFC, E-wallet 2.0, etc.)
- Who is making progress and How?
- What innovations & business models are being developed in developing countries that could disrupt the market and why?
- How is all of this impacting unbanked community?
- What are the people, technology and legal risk implications?
- Which e-wallet game plans could win and why?
- What is possible in the next payment eco-system and who would you need to collaborate with?
- How can you cause innovation by collaborating and co-developing with the outside world?
- There is no cost to attend.
- Location of the Telepresence near you will be provided upon registration. If no Telepresence is located near your location, a WebEx link will be provided.
We also invite you to join conversation within the global innovation community at http://paymentslab.com and become a member of the Million Acts of Payments group or start your own group at no cost.
Discuss this event on Twitter: #MobilePayments2011
Margaret Mead has said, "Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
About One Million Acts of Payment
An amazing movement started in January 2011 with a group of passionate senior executives from across North America gathering to start working on an important problem – How to cause breakthrough results in market adoption rates, market share, enhancements to security through business model innovation and enabling consumers’ needs and focusing on delivering value; How to cause pure innovation vs. Enhancement?