Social Media 3.0 - Opportunities & Risks to Financial Institutions
Social Media Opportunities & Risks to Financial Institutions – And Why Your Institution is Not Prepared
Participate on May 24th from 3:00 pm to 5:00pm EST
- Interact with a live focus group of consumers. Discover what matters most and why? Ask our focus group how your business model and payment products/services can make a difference?
- Following the live focus group, participate in a peer-to-peer executive roundtable with your peers across the world. Engage in discussions related to social media and how it is impacting your institution.
Some of the Topics We Will Discuss:
- How do we demonstrate ROI for using social media? Our institution is different than others. Standard ROI models don’t apply.
- How do we sell the value of social media (and various related applications) to our upper management? What would the impact be if we don’t secure their partnership and commitment?
- What do we need to do to ensure the investment we make in social media is sufficient?
- How do we get all of the various departments (legal, customer services, marketing, etc.) within our institution prepared and engaged for social media?
- How do we execute on Social Media activities such as blogging, hearing what our customers have to say and aligning our branding/marketing communications to our customers needs?
- How do we use social media for customer services, sales and marketing activities?
- How do we use social media to better understand customer needs?
- How can we effectively manage negative feedback from customers using social media?
- What are the risks associated to enabling social media such as transparency, security, privacy, etc. within our organization?
Call To Action:
Following the executive roundtable, we will be asking participants to volunteer and get into small groups (from across different geographies) to work together in solving some of their common business challenges that they are committed to solving. The international peer-to-peer executive roundtables are enabled by Cisco Systems Telepresence solutions
International Executive Round-table Location:
Various locations across North America: New York, NY; Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA; Toronto, Can; Montreal, Can; Vancouver, Can.
For folks who are currently not in cities listed above, a WebEx connection will be offered at the point of registration.
“I think the process helped me focus on a number of areas where we might be able to improve service and potential partners with whom to collaborate." ~ Director Privacy and Health Information, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
“The setting and format was certainly a great way to obtain feedback. I would be incorporating some of our discussions within my own organization" ~ Director, Processing Support, CIBC
Margaret Mead has said, "Never doubt that a group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
About One Million Acts of Payment
An amazing movement started in January 2011 with a group of passionate senior executives from across North America gathering to start working on an important problem – How to cause breakthrough results in market adoption rates, market share, enhancements to security through business model innovation and enabling consumers’ needs and focusing on delivering value; How to cause pure innovation vs. Enhancement?